Monday 23 June 2014

Whoops!

Sometimes I am so blonde I surprise even myself.

One of the few things I had planned to do while in London was to visit the Notting Hill markets. I wanted to pick up a duplicate scarf to one I had bought last year for a friend, so I'd deliberately planned my visit over a weekend. 

This morning I jumped on the tube to Notting Hill and began walking in the direction of the markets. Somewhere along the way I took a wrong turn and ended up in the middle of unfamiliar territory so I asked a pedestrian which direction I should take. She gave perfect directions but also said that markets were on Saturday not Sunday - whoops! 

After I got back to the right place, I wandered down the main street feeling quite defeated and looking for a place for breakfast. There were half a dozen stallholders setting up in the space where 50 or so stalls would have been yesterday. I was cursing my stupidity and not really looking at them when something caught my eye and I realised I was standing in front of the scarf seller I had come to find!

I was his first customer of the day and he was so happy to hear that I had come out just to find him that he gave me a really good discount - score!

All in all, it worked out perfectly and I got what I needed, avoided the crowds and ended it all with a full English breakfast in a local cafe. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are having a lovely time - not missing anything here - cold and dreary - love Mel and Daren and Logan x

Post a Comment

 
© Expressionate
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs